Multiphasic Blood Screening
Offered at all Hanover Family Practices
- Complete Blood Count – evaluates the number of red and white blood cells.
- Cholesterol Panel – measures HDL, LDL, Triglycerides
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – Electrolytes, Liver enzymes, Glucose level.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – Screens thyroid function.
What is a preventative exam/annual physical?
A routine preventative exam is to identify potential health problems in the early stages, when they may be easier and less costly to treat. It is recommended that all adults should visit their provider at least once a year, even if they are healthy. All other medical issues discussed at this visit will be billed separately and co-pay may apply.
Preventative exams require 20-30 minutes to perform all necessary components. Do not save up all your health concerns for your routine preventative exam. You will need to schedule a separate visit. Other issues prolong your visit time, and cause schedule delays.
Your preventative exam includes:
– Review of your medical, social, and family history.
– Review of your medications and immunizations.
– Complete review of body systems and physical exam.
– Counseling and risk factor reduction interventions.
– Review of age/gender appropriate screening test.
Screening tests covered by most insurance:
– Blood Pressure
– Diabetes Screen
– Colon Cancer Screening
– Depression Screening
– Alcohol and Smoking Cessation Counseling
– HIV Testing
– Cervical Cancer Screening
– Bone Density